- At the Enterprise Road toll gate, take a left turn on to the Shamva Road
- Continue on the Shamva Road for 107km ‐ the last 700m is dirt road
- Turn right into Madziwa Business Centre ‐ Madziwa Mine Secondary School is on your left and you will see a sign for “Umfurudzi Park”
- Follow the road and turn right – signposted “Umfurudzi Park”
- Turn left before the double gates – signposted “Umfurudzi Park”
- At the T‐junction turn left ‐ signposted “Umfurudzi Park”
- Follow the signs to the Umfurudzi Park gate entrance
- Continue for 6km down this road where you will see a sign “Hippo Pools 12.5km,” bear left
- After 4km bear right where the road forks – signposted “Hippo Pools 8.5km”
- Along this road you will encounter two gates, please close the gates after passing through. This is the boundary of Umfurudzi Park Buffalo paddock. Signposted “Hippo Pools 6km”
- Continue for 6km until you reach our car park and reception office. Please report to reception on arrival
A high clearance vehicle is advisable
- In order to secure your reservation full payment is required.
- Once a quotation has been sent to you we will enter your dates into our calendar as a provisional reservation. A provisional reservation will be held for 7 days at which time full payment will be required in order to secure your reservation. If we do not receive payment in full your reservation will be cancelled.
- If you are making a reservation and the date of your arrival is less than 21 days away full payment is required at the time of making your booking.
- Payments can be made in cash or swipe at our Harare offices, by Bank Transfer or Ecocash.
If you cancel your reservation and you have:
- 3 weeks or less before your arrival date – no refund will be issued
- Between 3 weeks and 3 months before your arrival date – 50% refund will be issued (less bank charges)
- 3 months or more before your arrival date – 100% refund (less a 5% handling fee)
You will be in a wilderness area; please note the following:
- This is a malaria area, and we recommend prophylactics and mosquito repellant.
- At night you may be lucky enough to hear our hippos grazing in front of your chalet and you may also find a bush baby in your kitchen. These are wild animals, please take care.
- Borehole drinking water is provided, we do not recommend drinking the tap water.
- Our monkeys are very cheeky; please do not feed them or leave food unattended.
- We hope you will appreciate the beautiful sounds of the bush – hippos, bush babies, owls, hyena – and music is not allowed so as to not disturb them.
- We have a night guard who patrols the camp every night from 6pm to 6am.
- The National Parks gate closes at 6pm