- At the Enterprise Road toll gate, take a left turn on to the Shamva Road
- Continue on the Shamva Road for 107km ‐ the last 700m is dirt road
- Turn right into Madziwa Business Centre ‐ Madziwa Mine Secondary School is on your left and you will see a sign for “Umfurudzi Park”
- Follow the road and turn right – signposted “Umfurudzi Park”
- Turn left before the double gates – signposted “Umfurudzi Park”
- At the T‐junction turn left ‐ signposted “Umfurudzi Park”
- Follow the signs to the Umfurudzi Park gate entrance
- Continue for 6km down this road where you will see a sign “Hippo Pools 12.5km,” bear left
- After 4km bear right where the road forks – signposted “Hippo Pools 8.5km”
- Along this road you will encounter two gates, please close the gates after passing through. This is the boundary of Umfurudzi Park Buffalo paddock. Signposted “Hippo Pools 6km”
- Continue for 6km until you reach our car park and reception office. Please report to reception on arrival
A high clearance vehicle is advisable
- In order to secure your reservation full payment is required.
- Once a quotation has been sent to you we will enter your dates into our calendar as a provisional reservation. A provisional reservation will be held for 7 days at which time full payment will be required in order to secure your reservation. If we do not receive payment in full your reservation will be cancelled.
- If you are making a reservation and the date of your arrival is less than 21 days away full payment is required at the time of making your booking.
If you cancel your reservation and you have:
- 3 weeks or less before your arrival date – no refund will be issued
- Between 3 weeks and 3 months before your arrival date – 50% refund will be issued (less bank charges)
- 3 months or more before your arrival date – 100% refund (less a 5% handling fee)
You will be in a wilderness area; please note the following:
- This is a malaria area, and we recommend prophylactics and mosquito repellent.
- At night you may be lucky enough to hear our hippos grazing in front of your chalet and you may also find a bush baby in your kitchen. These are wild animals, please take care.
- All our taps have borehole drinking water and is safe to drink.
- Our monkeys are very cheeky; please do not feed them or leave food unattended.
- We hope you will appreciate the beautiful sounds of the bush – hippos, bush babies, owls, hyena – and music is not allowed so as to not disturb them.
- We have a night guard who patrols the camp every night from 6pm to 6am.
- The National Parks gate closes at 6pm